Monday, August 2, 2010

Love Unconditionally

What does it mean to love unconditionally? How many people do you love conditionally. In our materialistic society we are always confronted with the quick pro quo ! I say I love him or her, until he loses his job. Or until she turns 30 and I will upgrade to a younger , prettier model . Thank G-d for children, because personally, they have guided me to love them no matter what they do ! Of course it is my job to help them make better choices . Through doing that I noticed somethings about myself ! To be a good parent I have to change for the better ! Do as I say not as I do , was a favorite line of mine ! I felt comfortable for a while saying it ! Once the kids started to mature I figured out that actions speak alot louder then words. So I tried to set an example to increase the chances of my children actually listening to me . I became a better person ! I started to look who were my true friends or who were just there for convenience. Then something dawned on me , Do I offer to help when an opportunity presents itself or do I just keep quiet ! Do I give positive, truthful comments on the good things people are doing or am I always tearing people down , so I feel better ! The old Michael Jackson Song, "Man in the Mirror," was not feeling to pretty ! I decided to change, slowly of course. Deep seated habits that have been ingrained for years are very difficult to change at once. The first thing I did was to make time every morning and read something uplifting and a list of positive mantras. This proactive behavior has helped me start the day in a positive way . It also has made me more aware of how I react in certain situations and that is the first step for change, AWARENESS. Now, through my children and my true friends, I am evolving , evolving to what ? As a direct result of my thinking then choices, I am relearning to Love myself Unconditionally ! Praise Yah ! How have your children helped you become a better person ?

No comments:

Post a Comment